Potty training has begun!

Yesterday we started the daunting task of potty training Eli. I think he is ready, but I'm not convinced he thinks he is ready. I have never really pushed my kids into potty training because I don't think that works really well. I just left Aidan and Adley alone and they essentially potty training themselves by their 3rd birthday. Aidan never had an accident and well Adley he had his share but only because he never wanted to stop playing with his toys long enough to pee. This is still a problem - as soon as I see him dancing he has to head straight to the bathroom. So Eli turns 3 next month. I thought I would just try this whole potty training stuff for a few days to see where he is at and if he is ready. So far he has peed in the potty 4 times today and his pull up once. Not bad! He does get rewarded with a sticker and a whopper. When he got big boy underwear for Christmas - Thomas the Tank Engine to be exact - he just looked at me and said, 'No, want diapers', which means no thanks mom, I want diapers instead. I am hoping that by taking him frequently he will like the feeling of staying dry and understand when he needs to go. Up to this point he has only ever peed on the potty before he gets in the tub. Wish me luck! It would be sooooooooooo nice to have only one kiddo in diapers!

Comments

birdfam said…
I'll send Kensi your way then you can do both at the same time and save me the huge headache :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .