A day at the grocery store!

The other day Eli, Liam and I went grocery shopping. The day started out great....
Eli at Harris Teeter with his balloon and cookie.

We finished up at HT and then moved on to Walmart (not my favorite place but hey I'm on a budget). We were almost finished when Eli started pitching a fit because he wanted strawberry waffles and not blueberry. He threw himself on the floor and next thing I know he is crying hysterically with blood dripping everywhere. He had busted his lower lip pretty good. I was shocked at how there were probably 6 or 7 other people in the aisle with us and not one of them offered to help me with this situation. After all I did have a extremely full shopping cart, with another child in it and one that was bleeding everywhere. No "can I get you a wet paper towel... or here's a tissue". Instead me being the prepared mommy that I am (having no tissue in my own purse) had to find something....oh yes let's see (rifling through my purse) pen..no.......receipt..no........hand sanitizer...no......pantyliner..yep that will have to do. So I used a pantyliner to stop the bleeding - nice huh! Eli still looked like a mess with dried blood all over his face and jacket but he wouldn't let me take him to the bathroom to clean up so I held his hand to the checkout, paid and proceeded out to my car. I put Eli in first and then Liam. As I walked around my car my shopping cart was gone....GONE! In my head I was thinking, 'you have got to be kidding me, someone just stole my cart, someone just stole my $280 worth of groceries...' So I started looking around for someone running off with my groceries. Nope no one running off with my groceries, but a nice kind man was running AFTER my groceries. My cart was about 50ft away from my car and slammed into a curb hurdling a good number of my groceries onto the ground. The kind man apologized for not catching it sooner. I told him I was grateful he tried. As I pushed my heavy cart back up to the car I was just thankful that A) Liam wasn't still in the cart - sinking feeling in my chest..... and B) that someone really hadn't stolen my groceries. After that I was exhausted and just wanted to go home.
Eli's busted lip, asleep on the couch, still in his jacket - poor kiddo! It is mostly healed now, but the second day looked the worst.

Comments

Unknown said…
oh my gosh Mel! I totally feel for you here. One of those days or afternoons where nothing goes your way. Those are no fun! Thank goodness Liam was not in the cart though, like you said. Wow.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .