Yes, I am due soon!

As my due date is getting closer and closer and I am feeling bigger and more uncomfortable everyday I find it very interesting the comments and questions I get from complete strangers. I have decided that I want to make a shirt with all of the answers so that I don't have to repeat myself a thousand times. It would go something like this:
"Yes I am due soon, the end of this month. Yes, I am aware that I look 'due'. No this is not my first baby, but my fourth. No I did not get pregnant as a teenager, I was 23 when I had my first one. Yes we know what we are having, it is a boy. Yes my fourth boy, no girls at home. No we are not sure if we will try again (can't I get finished having this one yet?) I work as a Labor & Delivery nurse. I guess I work in the right place (but if I wasn't pregnant would I be working in the wrong place?)."
I think it is funny how people feel the need to comment - for example at the store last night the cashier said, "somebody's gonna have a baby" I should have looked behind me and said "really, who?" Yes that would be me that is going to have a baby - believe me I am fully aware! I understand that people mean well and are just trying to make conversation, but does it always have to revolve around my ever expanding belly and the number of kids I have. What ever happened to "hi, how are you? how is your day, etc . . . "
Okay enough of that - I went to the doctor today. I am 36 4/7wks. He has agreed to induce me on the 24th, but no sooner. I hope that I actually go in to labor on my own - but I don't expect to since I never have before. (Skip this part if you don't want to know exact details of my appt). I am already 2cm dilated, 50% thinned and very anterior. So at least I have that in my favor. My doctor did agree to strip my membranes at 38wks as well. (It has never worked before, but hey I will try anything to start labor). My weight gain is good around 28lbs. The baby is moving a lot and I have irregular contractions all the time. The other day Adley wanted to feel the baby. I had him put his hand on the top of my belly and explained to him that the baby's head was down at the bottom of my belly and that his bum was at the top and his legs and arms were kind of in the middle, so the baby was curled up in a ball. Adley looked at me and said "yeah, he's kind of like PacMan when he curls up and gets ready to rev-roll"
Another funny thing that Adley said yesterday. We were driving in the car listening to music.
Adley: "Can a lady sing this song?"
Me: "Sure, I don't see why not"
Adley: "Can a lady play a tuba?"
Me (laughing): "a tuba, yeah a lady can play a tuba"
**Kids think of the most random things!

Comments

Jenny P. said…
Oh my... you are so funny. It just occured to me that while I changed the link to your blog on my actual page... I didn't change the link in my blog reader. So I've missed quite a few posts!!

So glad to have finally figured it out!:)

I love it when people ask me if I'm gonna have more kids... like strangers, or people I don't really know all that well. "Are ya having more?!" I mean really... why is that anyone's business? Especially strangers?
Jenni said…
It is pretty annoying when complete strangers comment about your belly. At least you are still pregnant. I had someone ask me when I was due after I had Ava! So rude!
InkMom said…
Funny, laughing out loud, hilariously, funny.

If it makes you feel better, I think you look fantastic to be having a baby in just a number of days.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .