Coupon savings!!!

For the past year I have been clipping coupons to help save a buck here and there. I have been wanting to find out ways to save more money but just didn't know where to look or how to begin. Then my cousin sent me links to a few websites about how to save money. I have been reading and learning so much - there is a whole coupon/savings world out there with their own lingo. So I have been reading ads, printing coupons, signing up for freebies, etc. This week I was going to try it out. I usually only go to Walmart for my every 2 weeks grocery trip. This time I was going to 3 stores. I made out my 2 week menu, sorted my coupons between stores (after my trip I realized now why some women carry a binder with coupons in baseball card clear sheets - it can get tricky if you end up needing to swap coupons between stores if you find a better deal - I was dropping them everywhere) and made my lists of what to get at each store.
I had so much fun!!!! Eli loved it too - he got free cookies at the stores and I think liked the fact that we weren't in Walmart for the entire 3 hrs. I took pictures of what I got to show you what you can buy for only $20 or $40.
So here is what I bought:

Ingles
I paid a total of: $20. 53
J&J buddy bars (4)- free after coupon - go here for coupon ( I use the $2/2 - the bars are $.97) - I let Aidan use these in the shower - I now have 6 in storage
Cottenelle TP: had $.50 coupon, doubled - paid $1.23- go here for coupon -
Progresso soups (4) - store sale 10 for $10 - I used 3 different coupons ($1.10 off x2; buy 2 get $1 off, bought 4 for only $0.80) - great for food storage
Cheese - 6 packages - store sale buy 2 for $3
Scott TP: had $1 off coupon
Batteries - 3pk - 2D: store sale $1.25 ea

**I saved a total of $27.52 between coupons and using my store savings card**

Harris Teeter
Not pictured: 2 gallons of milk and eggs, 12ct

I paid a total of $37. 72
I had never shopped at HT before until now - I signed up for their savings card. They also double coupons up to $0.99 - so doubled would be $1.98)
Store sales:
Pepsi 2 liters - B2G3free
Old Orchard 100% juice - B2G3free
Doritos - B1G1 free
GM and Kellogg's cereals 2 for $5 - (I bought 4 cereals) plus I used several coupons - that doubled - one which gave me the eggs for free
2 packages of cookie mixes - $1.67 ea plus $0.50 coupon - doubled - pd $.67 ea)
12 yogurts, french bread, cinnamon rolls, breadsticks, toothpaste - had coupons for all and then had them doubled.

**I saved a total of $44.02 between coupons and using my store savings card**

I didn't take a picture of what I bought at Walmart b/c it was just too much stuff (groceries + household stuff + 2 big packs diapers + kids clothes, etc), but I did use about $24 in coupons there, spending $227. The woman behind me just stood there with her mouth open as I used my coupons - she asked me where I got all of them.
So for the day I spent $285.25, saved $93.09. My last trip to Walmart I spent $360 for 2wks of groceries and didn't get near the amount of stuff I got this week.
I had a bigger trip to Walmart this time as I am trying to stock up on stuff before the baby comes. I had to come home and cook up 3 packages of chicken and 2 packages of ground beef so that I could fit everything in my freezer.

So there you have it - proof that clipping coupons, reading ads and doing a little research in to the world of savings can pay off. Happy Shopping everyone!!!!!

Coupons:
Suave $1 off - here
Free sample Huggies wipes - here
Through March 10th, use code PHOTOBOOKS at checkout to get a FREE 8×8, 20-pg. photo book from Shutterfly!
***Remember to use the back button on some of the websites after the first print and it will print the coupon again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .