Eli and the terrible 2's

I am convinced that even though Eli doesn't turn 2 until later this month that he is in fact 2 already - let me tell you why.
1. He throws tantrums on the floor - lays on his belly and kicks his feet
2. He can destroy my living room in about 5 seconds - just goes from one thing to the next
3. He has repeatedly removed his pants and diaper the past few weeks - it is becoming more and more frequent. This morning the diaper was more than just wet! Jared resorted to duck tape one day - it worked really well! (If I thought he was at all interested in using the potty this wouldn't be such a bad thing, but he never 'goes' when we put him on the toilet).
4. His favorite word is 'No' and now he has added, 'No way'. One day he even asked me 'why'
5. He pushes the kitchen chairs so that he can get things on the counter - for example he just brought me another banana already opened. He is so sneaky - I didn't even hear him. Scary part of this is that the other day Jared was home with only Eli - he went to use the bathroom and heard Eli screaming. He came in to the kitchen and found the chair pushed to the corner - Eli stuck on the counter crying and a knife stuck straight out of the floor!!!! Luckily Eli wasn't hurt he was just frustrated that he couldn't get down and threw the closest thing to him - some scissors and a knife. (None of my other kids have ever touched the knives - I am tempted to put my knife block in the cupboard now)
6. Eli can find his paci's anywhere - he only gets them for bedtime and naptime right now - but when we take them away from him in the morning, he will sneak back up the stairs and get them. I have had to keep the gate on his room just to keep him from sneaking his paci's - even if we put them up high - like on the changing table - he still manages to get them.
7. He throws things when he is mad - cars, toys, etc. He will even pull his paci out of his mouth and throw it if he is mad enough. Sometimes when I tell him not to throw things he will pick it back up and throw it again!!
8. He loves to spit and thinks it is so funny!!!

So Eli has now entered the stage of having time outs (which he actually tolerates really well - thank goodness - he stays in the chair for an entire minute), he has to say sorry (and boy the look on his face says that he really means it - he shows you that he really is sorry). He is also getting the occassional spanking. Hopefully this will be short lived and my easiest kid of the 3 will return shortly!!! He really is a sweet boy, he just has his moments - good & bad, here is good one . . .
**The girls I work with gave me a baby shower and I got a glow worm for the new baby. However I don't think this baby will actually get to play with it. It has become Eli's 'baby'. He carries it everywhere, hugs it, pushes its belly to make it light up and sing and yesterday we found him playing peek-a-boo (the cutest thing I think I have ever seen) with it. I hope that since he has 'his baby' that maybe the addition of the real baby won't be so difficult on him.
Baby update: no he is still not here - had a false alarm the other night. I contracted every 3-5 minutes for about 7hrs on and off. Went to the doctor in the morning - I am now 2-3cm instead of just 2cm - a lot of good those contractions did, and to top it all off it was in the middle of the night and I was exhausted. Hopefully he will arrive sometime this week - until then . . . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liam

My baby - at least for another 3 weeks

Preschool Graduation