Fundraising!

Now that Aidan is in public schools I am realizing just how little money these schools are getting, otherwise they wouldn't have to be sending home fundraising projects every other week (not really, but that's how it feels some days). Right now we are currently in the middle of 2 fundraising projects, followed by the constant letters to save our box tops, campbells labels, and water bottle labels. It is hard to say no to these fundraisers b/c they get the kids so excited about it. They win prizes depending on how much they sell, etc. I would rather just go and buy the toy then have to ask the same people for money everytime, especially with the economy the way that it is - no one has extra money despite how good the cause. I guess I should feel lucky that I only have one kid in school right now - my mom was telling about when all 6 of her kids were in school and trying to please all them with their fundraising projects. I do understand the need of the schools, I just wish that the taxes we already pay were being used appropriately and given to the schools.

On a side note - thanks for those that voted on the baby's name. We have narrowed down our list and will let you know when the baby arrives! (hopefully soon)

Comments

hey I've got a TON of box tops I've been saving just because I thought someone could use them - do you want me to mail them to you? How often do them "collect" them at his school, and does he get prizes for box tops? let me know
Melanie said…
please send them and keep collecting them. They tally them monthly, not sure what his class gets if they collect the most. I send them in whenever she asks for them.
Thanks,
Mel

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .