Not sure I am willing to do this again!!!

Today I was scheduled to go and see my dentist for my regular cleaning. Usually Jared and I coordinate our appointments on the same day one right after the other. This way one of us can stay in the car with the kids and it is only one trip to Brevard (this is where our dentist is and it is about a 25min drive). Anyway today it was different - for some reason our appts ended up being separated by a couple of days. So I had Jared take Aidan to school and I was going to attempt taking the little boys with me to the dentist. So we get there - just a little bit late - and before we go back to the room I ask Adley if he needs to go potty - of course he tells me no - and I ask him again - are you sure - he says he is fine. We get situated in the room. Eli is in his stroller in the corner and Adley is sitting on the floor next to him. I ask Adley if he will feed Eli his cereal puffs for fear that if I gave them to Eli he would spill them everywhere. Adley agrees. So I am about to sit in the chair when Adley kicks over the puffs container and half the puffs are on the floor. I clean them up and lay a paper towel under the container so that if he spills again he can still feed them to Eli since the floor is covered. The hygienist is not even 30 seconds in to my cleaning when Yep you guessed it Adley tells me he needs to go potty. We stop the cleaning - I take Adley to the bathroom, get him situated again and proceed with the cleaning. Maybe 10 minutes later and about 2 minutes before my cleaning is finished Adley tells me he needs to poop. I tell him that I am almost finished and that he will have to wait. When I am done I make yet another trip to the bathroom with him(and actually he never did poop- argh!!). Eli up to this point has been a wonderful child - eating his puffs, playing with my keys, etc. We come back to the room and wait for Dr. Bailey to come and examine my teeth. Dr. Bailey is a friend of Jared's family and has been Jared's dentist for a long time, this is why we go to Brevard to see him. So he comes in looks at my teeth and then Adley proceeds to tell him, 'You are going to die, you have gray hair; but she isn't (pointing to the hygienist) going to die b/c she doesn't have gray hair.' I am totally embarrassed at this point and apologize. I have no idea where this came from as he has never shared his knowledge or assumption of this with me ever.
So the conclusion I have made for the day is that - going to the dentist is a good thing - going to the dentist and bringing your kids along - CRAZY!!!!
**On a side note Adley told me the other day that I was getting gray hair (really I might have one or two). Now that I have had my interesting trip to the dentist and discovered what he thinks about people with gray hair - does he think I am going to die.
Little kids say and think the weirdest things!!!!!

Comments

Jenni said…
That is really funny - mostly because I can relate! I wonder where he got the idea about grey hair?
tatum said…
that is funny, i have the hardest time with appointments like that too for the same reason. cole had his first dentist appointment the other day and it was a disaster, he loves the doctor, but i think he's watched too many movies where the dentist is scary, thanks a lot finding nemo.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .