Aidan and a tick!!!!

This afternoon I took the boys with me Visiting Teaching, when we were done we came home ate left overs, I gave the boys a bath (Jared was at a Real Estate class in Asheville) and while I was brushing Aidan's teeth I noticed this big spot on his forehead near his hair line. It was a TICK!!!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck!!! Having grown up in Arizona I never really came across very many ticks but here I guess they are around more. So just to let everyone know I hate all little buggy creatures - spiders, ants, bees, and especially ticks. I had heard a little about ticks and that there is a certain way that you are supposed to take them off, etc. I calmly (not really) tell Aidan not to move and that he has a tick on his head. I grab the phone and call Jared, no answer, I call Jared again, still no answer. I am thinking to myself - doesn't he have his phone on vibrate - what if there was a real emergency (although I actually was thinking this was an emergency b/c otherwise I wouldn't be calling him during class). After the third attempt and no answer I call my father-in-law. He explains to me how to get the tick out, I use the tweezers and successfully remove the tick. Now lucky for us the tick was still flat - he probably wasn't even on Aidan that long, and it wasn't difficult to remove. I cleaned Aidan's head where the tick was with alcohol. After I removed the tick and got it to come off the tweezers I could not kill the little critter. I guess when you are already flat there is not much to squish to kill you. I called my Pediatrician and asked him if I needed to save the tick just in case Aidan got sick. He said to put it in a ziploc bag and bring it to work with me tomorrow - one of them will be rounding in the morning. The tick is now laying on my counter in a bag and is now finally dead! Yeah!!! I did some research on the internet to see if I could identify the tick, I think it is a dog tick.
Before putting the kids to bed I did another final inspection of them. Now as I sit typing this I have been getting the goose bumps and creepy crawly feelings for the last two hours. I HATE BUGS, INSECTS, and TICKS!!!

Comments

How freaky, I was always scared about ticks when we lived in Arkansas - especially having Sage, but thank goodness they aren't as popular here in AZ! Glad you were able to remove it successfully... I want to see a picture of it.
Unknown said…
LOL...that last line made me laugh. I can totally hear you saying that. :-) That is freaky though, I have the chills just thinking about it now. Ew, yuck! Thank goodness you got it.
tatum said…
i hate bugs too, i have to kill all the spiders here, and they are seriously huge.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .