"We never do anything fun"

The other day we were coming home from Target and Aidan was mad about something - I can't remember - and he started saying 'We never do anything fun'. This was the same day that we had just come home from camping the night before. Jared and I just looked at each other like 'you have got to be kidding me - this is the thanks we get'. So we started to name off the fun things that we have done with the kids lately. We named the obvious - 'we took you camping last night', and Aidan replied with the usual 'But that wasn't my idea' or 'that wasn't fun'. Then we said - 'we took you to the zoo two weeks ago' and Aidan responded with another 'But. . .' So we proceeded on with our list. 'Grandpa Bird, Andrea and Ashlyn came to visit us', again another 'But. . ." So we just kept listing - 'Did we go to Pisgah Inn, did we go to the Fish Hatchery, did we go to Lake Lure, we went to Pigeon Forge for a week, what about T-ball'. After each part of this list was named Aidan started answering 'Yes, we did that', "Yes I know', "I know mom'. By the time we were done with our list we made sure that Aidan knew that his life wasn't quiet and boring and that if he kept complaining about all of the 'not so fun' things that we have been doing lately they would quickly be going away and that he would really know what it was like to never do anything fun. I think I just got a taste of what it was like to be my mom when I was little. Kids sure do have a lot of nerve to say such a thing to their parents - sorry mom and dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .