AZ trip continued...

While we were in AZ, Aidan and I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas for the Maaco Bowl game. My brother Greg's team - Utah Utes - were playing in it. Aidan left the day before the game with my parents and my brother Steve's family. Aidan had a great time with his cousin Karsen, who has 3 sisters....so they had some good just boys time!!!

Eating breakfast at the condo

I drove over the day of the game with my brother Adam. The weather cleared up and surprisingly we didn't get rained on. The beginning of the game was a little rough for Aidan. Aidan is not a big fan of fireworks or any loud noises. I haven't been to very many football games and so I had not prepared Aidan very well, but only because I didn't have a clue. Right after the national anthem was finished, 2 fighter jets - F-15 & F-22 flew over the stadium, after burners on....it was awesome AND very very loud. Aidan burst into tears. I had tried to cover his ears in time but it was just soooo loud. While I was trying to calm him down I had no idea (again!) that they were going to set off a bunch of fireworks. They were very loud and close too. Aidan cried harder. It took me the entire first quarter to convince him that the football game was fun and that I wasn't taking him back to the condo. So after mush convincing and some nachos...here is a happy Aidan and me at the football game.
My grandparents - prepared for the rain - but it never came, bye bye ponchos!

We lost the game, it was very disappointing, but my brother had an awesome hit that left one of the Boise State players dazed for quite awhile. You can see his hit here. Greg is #35.

Every time we make the trip to Arizona I try to visit my college roommate Adrienne and her family. This year we got together at Paradise Bakery for lunch. She has 2 beautiful little girls. We had a great time catching up.
My sister Andrea and her kids were over one night and we decided to go and buy one of the gingerbread house kits for the kids to make and decorate. They are harder than they look! The kids had fun, but the frosting doesn't hold it together all that well.
Finished!

The kids also had fun dressing up. My boys only have super hero costumes to dress up in at home...but at Grandma Laurie's there are skirts and baby dolls!!!!
They loved them and well I just let them have fun. Liam loves to carry baby dolls and Santa must have known that because he got him a big sock monkey to carry instead of a doll. He loves his sock monkey!

To be continued...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .