1 mo

It has been a while since I posted last. Having 4 kids can leave one with little time. I have just been trying to keep up with laundry, cooking, cleaning and feeding the kids. We have been so busy lately that poor Liam didn't have any pictures taken for at least 3 weeks. So I got the camera out last night and took a few (pics posted at the bottom). He is getting bigger. At his 2 1/2 wk checkup he was already at 9lbs 9.5oz (almost a 2 lb weight gain). He has been my most eventful baby thus far. He had to have his umbilical cord dried up with silver nitrate, he had cradle cap, he has reflux and now he has baby acne. None of the other kids had this (except the reflux). Despite all of this we are loving our beautiful baby boy. He has started sleeping longer stretches at night 4-5hrs. I hope to get him on a schedule soon as I am going back to work on Wed. The reflux is usually what causes all of the problems in the middle of the night - which means he usually ends up in bed with me and I don't sleep well and I don't like having him in my bed - it makes me nervous. Yesterday we took Liam to church for the first time. He did really well - slept for most of it - except when I went to feed him. I was burping him and he let out a nice big burp - followed by - you guessed it - his entire feeding - it landed straight down the inside of my dress - Yuck! I just sat there thinking to myself 'I can't believe that just happened- Ugh!' I knew that keeping a change of clothes for Liam in the diaper bag was a must - but I guess keeping a change of clothes for myself isn't a bad idea either.
The big kids are doing well. We took them to the dentist last thursday (which also happened to be Jared's 30th birthday - yes 30 - I know he is getting old!:-)) This was Eli's first time going. He did pretty good - pictures are posted below.
Not much else is going on here. We are enjoying the nice spring weather and enjoy having the kids outside to play since our house is so small. We did have another showing of our house yesterday - we hope that it will sell soon.
Now for the pictures:
Liam 4.5 wks old

Ready for bed
Getting chubby!
Eli at the beginning of his dental visit
Slightly traumatized!

Comments

Jenny P. said…
Oh my gosh! he looks like a different baby! So cute. And Eli looks so grown up too!

Sigh. I wished I saw them more.

barf down your dress does not sound fun.

barf anywhere isn't exactly fun though... but down the dress has got to be one of the worst places for it to go...

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

It's been a while . . .

Liam