Catching up - Part 2

Yep, I'm still slacking and far behind on posting. It has been a hectic week - from making an offer on a house to having someone else make an offer on the same house and us losing out. We've seen 21 houses so far now and still no luck. We may be homeless soon - this whole process is overwhelming and tiring. My house is a circus - people coming and going fixing odds and ends in preparation for our home inspection this Wednesday. The kids coming in and out of the house all dirty, sweaty, stinky and of course always hungry...while I'm trying to do the normal household cleaning and cooking while packing a few boxes everyday...and still working full time in between all this craziness. I need a good nap!

Okay on to catching up...about 2 weeks ago we had the pleasure of a quick visit from my Grandma, 2 aunts and an uncle. It was so much fun to get to visit with them. We of course took them to breakfast up on the parkway and to one of the waterfalls to show off the beautiful place we live. It was such a good visit and we hope there will be many more to come.

Looking Glass Falls
Great Grandma & Eli
Aunt Deb, Liam, Aunt Janet & Adley

At the beginning of the summer I made a list of "fun things to do" for the kids when they give the excuse "I'm bored"....it has a list of games and toys from around the house that they often forget they have and places of where I can take them when I can't think of what to do with them for the day. Last week we went bowling with a friend from work and her kids.

The kids had a so much fun, but 1 game was definitely enough. We took them out for lunch when we were finished...all in all a great day!

Last year Aidan's teachers helper in his class gave all the kids a free haircut card from her husbands shop. We decided to use it a few weeks ago. I was only going to get Aidan & Adley's hair cut. Eli's is pretty easy for me to do, but while we were there Eli snuck into the seat by himself so I gave in and let him get his done too. Below is a picture of Eli's first haircut at a real barber shop - up until now I was the only one to cut his hair. He really enjoyed how quick Jim cut his hair.


...and now onto more packing. I hope you're doing something more exciting tonight than I am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .