Catching up - Part 1

Man oh man have I been slacking lately - well with the blog anyway. Really I have been super busy and blogging hasn't been a priority - sleep has! So here are a few updates:

1) first things first - we sold our house! So we have been busy trying to find the perfect house and neighborhood for our family. It is very very stressful to look for houses. I am exhausted too. We go for our 4th outing with the realtor tomorrow. Let's hope we find the right house. We do have 3 that we like but they are all at the high end of our budget. I did find 2 houses to look at that are at the bottom of our price range with unfinished basements - not that unfinished though - all we have to do is sheet rock, paint and carpet. The finished part of the houses are already bigger than our current house.
I started packing up the kids closets yesterday. Little by little we will get this done, hopefully before Sept 10th which is when we have to be out of our current house. We are a little sad to be leaving our home here. We moved in with just 1 kid and our family has grown here and we love our neighborhood and neighbors. It is bittersweet for us but definitely needed.

2) Jared and I both ran a 5K on July 3rd. It was nice to do something together and work towards getting in better shape. We ran with 2 of my friends from work and Jared's sister as well. I ran my best time thus far - 30min 58 sec. I have more races planned for the rest of the year - next up - an 8K in September. I haven't been able to run a lot lately because I had a lot of pain in my left leg the week before the 5K - my doctor thinks I have a stress fracture in my tibia. The pain is gone now and I am starting to run a little bit again. I have decided that running is a great stress reliever!
After the race

3) We had a great 4th of July. We celebrated for 2 days - after the race on the 3rd we joined Jared's family for a picnic up in the woods at Pink Beds. We had a great time letting the kids play in the creek and run in the field. While we were playing the kids had the neat experience of seeing a medical helicopter land in the field near our picnic shelter. Unfortunate for the person being airlifted to the hospital but the kids enjoyed seeing the helicopter maneuver its way to land and take off.
MAMA - the name of the helicopter
The family watching
You can tell there's not a lot of space in the field with all the trees.

...and just because they are cute - pictures of Liam & Eli.

On the 4th we went to Jared's dads family reunion. It is about 3 hrs each way but the kids did great and we had a wonderful visit. Eli liked playing with the girls and by the end of our visit was running around with a purse in his hand - maybe he just needed a break from the boys! It was really cute - he can make friends with anyone. Once we got home we took the kids into town to watch fireworks - they were not very spectacular but the kids enjoyed them and that's all that matters.

More updates to come!

Comments

Unknown said…
You look fantastic Melanie!!! And what an awesome time!! You would outrun me any day of the week! I love love love those 2 pics of the younger boys. And hooray on selling the house! I understand the bittersweet part but think of all the memories you will make in this new, big house. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

EB awareness week!