As you know I follow a blog about a little guy named Jonah that has EB. His blog link is on my sidebar. Anyway awhile back his mom posted a hilarious letter to Nick Jr, found here. I have to say I agree with her!!! Read it and enjoy!
Mickey is a very loved mouse in our house. Liam absolutely can't get enough of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney. When he wakes up in the morning he comes straight to my room, snuggles in between Jared and I and turns on the tv for his cartoon. He sits there with his arms behind his head and legs outstretched. He is so darn cute.
So the other day I decided to buy him a stuffed Mickey. He was so surprised and loved it.
Checking him out. Mickey now has his own corner in Liam's crib. He likes his 'pets' in specific places.
Also, guess who is potty training????
The only kiddo I have left in diapers - woot woot!!! He has started this all on his own and so I'm optimistically hoping for December to be down to pull ups at night. Liam won't speak to tell us he has to go he just pats himself and points to the bathroom - whatever works right!
And here is our very first tomato from our tiny 1 plant garden.......
We have a few more and hope they will ...
Labor Day was over a month ago, but here's what we were up to: I ran in another race, this time the Apple Festival 8K. My time was 49:33. I was happy to be under the 50min mark. It was the hardest race I've done thus far. It had quite a few hills and was rather cold and windy that morning. Next up - a 5K race on the 30th to support EB kids (see my side bar). A picture that was taken at the finish line Then after the race we headed up to Big Creek on the NC/Tenn border to go camping with Jared's family. We had a great time. We took some adventurous day trips up windy dirt roads but it was worth it for what we saw: Elk have been reintroduced into the wild in this area - they first started out with 17 I think and are now over 50. Max's Patch - what a beautiful view. I will be happy to take any that want to visit me up to this place for a picnic. The cousins Eli & mommy taking in the sun and fresh air Hiking down Arts & crafts - thanks to Aunt Emily & Je...
Liam is almost 1 and has finally learned to clap!!! I have been trying to teach him how to do this for the last several months, but he would just look at me and smile. Recently we were hit with another snow storm, this time we got about 8-10 inches (this has been my least favorite winter so far living here). The storm came Thursday while I was working and I ended up having to stay the night at the hospital. I had prepared well and packed a bag knowing the storm was coming and I had to work Friday too. So during my 2 day stay at the hospital is when Liam finally decided to share his talent...along with Adley loosing another tooth (geez, I missed everything). I couldn't believe he picked that day to finally share with everyone but ME what I had been trying to teach him. I was excited but totally bummed at the same time because I had missed it. When I got home last night he wouldn't clap for me either, bummed again.......but today he has been clapping for me all day - see v...
Comments