12 inches


That's how much snow fell at our house on Friday. That is the most I have seen since I lived in Idaho 22 years ago. I left for work around 6:30am on Friday with no snow on the ground and some sleet coming down. It really started snowing around 9am and it kept coming down. I had packed a bag to stay at work in case the weather was just too bad to get home. The snow had mostly stopped by 7pm, but there was no way our Accord was going to get anywhere in 12 inches of snow. Thankfully Jared's dad and brother came and got me and I was home by about 8pm. The kids have loved playing in the snow. All of the neighbor kids were out too. We don't have any snow gear really except for hats, gloves, scarfs and 1 pair of boots. We did the best we could with what we had. We shoveled the driveway late yesterday along with the rest of our neighbors, now we are just patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for the state to come and clear the roads. I called this morning and they said it should happen sometime today. I hope so, I have to be able to get into town and retrieve the car and be able to get to work in the morning. I don't think too much of it will melt away today, it's 10:30am and still only 32 degrees outside.

Maybe the snow will stick around long enough for us to have a White Christmas!!! I won't mind as long as the roads are cleared!

Comments

Unknown said…
oh my gosh that is insane!!! 12 inches of snow?! Sounds like 12 more reasons to move back to AZ! ;-P
Kendra said…
I really hope it stays around for Christmas. I would love to have a white Christmas, even if it is just leftover snow. We got 7 inches and that was plenty cause Anthony could hardly walk in it. Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Liam

My baby - at least for another 3 weeks

Preschool Graduation