Parenting or lack thereof!!!

As mentioned in a previous post we went to Chick-Fil-A for their Tuesday free kids meal and superhero night. Well we went again this past Tuesday, this week they had a petting zoo next door. It was really really busy - and really really loud. At one point Adley even covered his ears and said 'Daddy can you tell everybody to be quiet?' After we ate we were leaving the restaurant to go next door to the petting zoo when I noticed a little girl that was about 18 mos old. She was bare foot (yuck) and wandering around CFA. I looked around to see if someone was looking for her or calling her name. At this point, someone else was coming in CFA and she was going out the door all by herself. I set Liam down in his car seat and picked her up. I asked a few women if the little girl belonged to them. NO ONE claims her! I let the manager know and he seems perplexed as to what to do. The little girl isn't even scared that a complete stranger is holding her. Finally another woman walks by and we ask if the little girl belongs to her, 'oh yeah, she's mine' grabs her and walks off as if it was no big deal.
It frightens me for this little girl that her mother had no idea she was missing and not even concerned to find that she was missing and with a complete stranger. I could have easily picked this little girl up and taken her home with me (tempting since she is a girl - j/k). She could have easily made it to the parking lot and gotten hit by a car. . . the list is endless when you leave your 18mo old unattended in a crowded place.
Some people shouldn't be parents!!!!!

**Although I am sure that that statement went through many peoples heads today as I took all 4, yes all FOUR children to the grocery store with me. 1hr, 2 carts, 2 screaming/fighting children (and it wasn't the two little ones even), 96 items and $215 later our adventure ended, thank goodness and I don't plan to repeat that anytime soon - I am exhausted.

Comments

Tiffany said…
Wow, that's crazy that people are so careless with their kids. I get nervous when I just lose sight of my kids and not within arms reach.
Unknown said…
oh my gosh you are brave to go to the grocery store with all 4! Way to go though!!!

And it shocks me how careless some people can be with the greatest gift we can ever be given! Insane!
snarkinkmom said…
This post would make a nice letter to the editor...someone needs a wake up call. Lindsay

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .