Waterbirth TV Interview

Recently the hospital that I work at has been trying to make the public aware that we do waterbirths. Since I have had 2 waterbirths - one with Adley and one with Eli - they asked if I would participate in the interview. So last week Eli and I went in for the interview with the local TV news people. It aired last night on our 5 o'clock news.
I found it funny that they had me listed as a 'new mom'. Eli is 18mos old, and do the other 2 children not count? Eli was a trooper and just played with a box of crayons the whole time. I was bummed that my pictures didn't make it in the clip, but they just got sent back to my email today saying they couldn't be emailed to the address b/c they were too big. Oh well! I chose waterbirths after my difficult delivery with Aidan. I had pushed for nearly 3 hours and then they had to use the vacuum to get him out. He ended up a with a cephalahematoma from the vacuum, which stayed around for about 3 months. He still has a more pronounced bump on that side of his head. So that is why I decided to have waterbirths. Although it does hurt - Adley and Eli both delivered with only 20 minutes of pushing and no complications. Plans for #4 - waterbirth too!

Comments

you are totally famous, just kidding but very cool that you were on tv with Eli - you have to keep that so he can watch it later when he's older! thanks for sharing, your hair looks cute by the way

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .