First Day of Kindergarten!!!!

Today was Aidan's first day of Kindergarten. He picked out his clothes the night before and I got his lunch and snack made. We got ready his backpack full all of the required stuff by his teacher, and his shoes and put them by the back door. I was so afraid of being late, but we got up by 7am (I am not really looking forward to doing that everyday) and left by 7:40am. All of us went to take him to school - however due to the rain Jared and Eli stayed in the van. Aidan had already met his teacher last Thursday at 'Meet the Teacher' day and knew where his classroom was located. He was so excited for today to come. Yesterday he told me 'Mommy tomorrow you will have a kindergartner!' We walked him to his classroom, found his seat (which is by his 'girlfriend' Lauren that was in his preschool class). We checked in his backpack, and lunch with the teacher assistant and his teacher took a picture of us and then we said goodbye. Aidan did great and just started playing with the puzzles. Adley and I walked back out to the van. Adley's response was "I am so going to miss Aidan today". I reminded him that next week he starts preschool, he then responded, "Aidan is so going to miss me next week"
Here are some pictures from the day.
Eating breakfast before school
Getting ready to leave
Sitting at his table
Aidan and Lauren
Adley, Me & Aidan

After picking up Aidan from school, I asked him how his day was, he responded "It was awesome". He didn't elaborate much past that. Hopefully we will get more info on what they are learning in his folder that he brings home daily. The house felt a little empty throughout the day and I definitely had to entertain Adley more than usual. Eli sure wanted to be involved in everything Adley was doing - he kept knocking over all of his Lincoln Log houses - Adley was not pleased. On a side note Eli has learned to defend himself. The other day he was being pushed by the boys and he slapped one of them in the face and he bit Aidan. Monkey see, monkey do I guess - b/c we all know where he learned how to do those things.
Eli has also learned a few more words - car, snack, sock, and night night.

Comments

Unknown said…
LOL, that story of Eli defending himself is funny. :-) I can't believe Aidan is in kindergarten already!
Jenni said…
Look at Aidan - all grown up! I can't believe he is starting kindergarten.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .