My Plan

So I have a plan - a good one! I have completely quit nursing Liam and he doesn't mind the bottle, so Jared is now able to help feed him in the middle of the night. I discovered a few nights ago that Jared never remembers getting up with the baby (I don't how that is possible), so to my plan - wake Jared up to get up with the baby - for all he knows the baby has been sleeping through the night for the past week! Sounds great doesn't it - I think so - Full nights sleep here I come!!! Jared has caught on to this a little, probably b/c I often ask him if he remembers getting up with the baby. Now he asks me if he got up, I just reply 'I guess you'll never know'.

Update on Liam - He is crawling everywhere- not army crawling anymore but really crawling, but only if he thinks you're not looking, once he sees that you see him crawling he goes back to his belly. He had an ear infection about 2 weeks ago with a fever. We put him on an antibiotic and the poor kid has suffered with the side effect of a yeast infection on his bottom. It was sooooo bad and he hated getting his diaper changed - he has never screamed like that before - I know it hurt him a lot. It is getting much better and hopefully in a few days will be gone. We started him on yogurt this week (to try and help with the yeast infection) and he loves it. I think he is my best eater. He can finish a 4oz jar of baby food in less than 2 minutes. He opens gladly for every bite. He actually has slept through the night twice so far - I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Aidan is doing well - a little 'bored with the first grade' as he will tell you. He has been doing excellent on all of his spelling tests that the teacher lets him pick 5 additional words each week. Last week one of them was 'grandparent', I told him to just sound out the word, Grrraaaannndddppp . . . Aidan quickly told that he wasn't allowed to talk during his test. So I told him to sound it out in his head. He replied, 'mom we are so past sounding out words, we do chunks and syllables'. So sorry - apparently I am not up on what the first graders are doing right now.

Adley just got over a quick stomach bug (less than 24hrs, no fever) but had to miss his field trip at school. He was so bummed, thanks to Aunt Inkmom because she picked up his pumpkin for him.

Eli is hilarious as usual. This boy is talking so much lately. His favorite thing to say is 'see you later alligator' and to sing 'scooby dooby doo, where are you?' This drives his brothers crazy, especially Adley, and Eli knows it. We also had the pleasure of hearing him sing this song at church two weeks ago during the sacrament.

Not much else is going on - I know I'm a blog slacker lately but between work and kids I don't have the energy to blog. I constantly have thoughts running through my head about what to write, but when I actually have a moment to sit down and type I have forgotten them completely. I need to keep a notepad. Oh wait here are a few more things . . . .

A couple of weekends ago we took the boys bowling. We had a great time!

Great technique!
So serious!
Eli's ball always took awhile to get there so why not sit down and take a rest!

Miscellaneous pictures below:

Crazy hair - thanks daddy!

We have had Mr. Potato Head forever it seems like and the one part that my kids love the most are the blue glasses. Each one of my kids have tried to put them on and ride their bike. The latest is Eli . . .

Here's the picture of Aidan that I found wearing the same glasses - I couldn't find the one of Adley. Aidan apparently felt the need to wear a hat too!

Recently Jared and I decided we wanted to learn how to make cakes - from scratch, with really good frosting, etc. We bought what we needed and made the following cake. . .

Remember now this is my first cake from scratch and my first time using real cake decorating tools. It tasted so good - the frosting was a little too thin and didn't hold its shape well enough to decorate, but all in all it was a good first try.
Well it's getting late and I have to work AGAIN tomorrow - Good night!

Comments

your cake looked great, the boys pictures are so cute - love the bowling ones too! ashlyn loves bowling also, we'll have to go while your here. happy halloween week
Jenni said…
I love your plan about having Jared get up. My friend Kenzie did a similar thing where she just tapped her husband and said "your turn, I got up 2 hours ago." She really did not Tommy did not remember getting up.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .