Faith and Endurance

As many of you know I have a huge soft spot in my heart for babies, thus my reason for being a Labor & Delivery nurse. I love babies. I love my babies and other peoples babies. Recently I have come across a few blogs that have really got me thinking. I have grabbed the buttons from these blogs and placed them on my sidebar. Many of these babies were born with conditions like 'ectopia cordis', 'Epidermolysis Bullosa', or 'Omphalocele' yet they endure and their parents endure the trial that has been placed before them. These babies face many surgeries and deal with a lot of pain. Read their blogs you will see their strength, faith and their love for God even in the hardest of times. I have also come across a blog where a woman named Sara newly diagnosed with breast cancer finds out she is pregnant and later she delivers her beautiful baby girl only a couple of weeks before she leaves the world herself. sara's blog. Another is of a baby boy named Eliot that was born with Trisomy 18 and here is a link to his video tribute by his parents. Video
The faith of these families is a marvelous thing to witness. It got me thinking about my daily life. I complain about the smallest things, get stressed over things that don't really matter and often don't have enough patience with my children. My life is easy compared to many others. I have been humbled greatly this week by the strength, faith and love of God that others show, despite their circumstances. They praise God daily and endure the daily challenges that are so much greater than my own.
I have decided to keep these baby buttons on my blog as a reminder to me of their strength and a reminder of the strength I desire to have. They will remind me to be more grateful for my family and find patience with them. They will remind me to try harder to serve others and not myself. I pray for these babies often and hope that you will too.

Comments

Steph said…
Thanks for the reminder, Melanie. We could all do a little better at stepping outside of ourselves and seeing others who are going through unimaginable trials.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .