8 kids

As many of you know in August, Jared, Liam and I will be going to Utah for my older brothers wedding. We can't afford to bring the whole family so we asked Jared's sister - MommyJ to watch our kids - she has agreed. We will be gone for 4 nights and MommyJ is able to watch the kids for 3 of those nights (grandma is taking the 4th night). We are so grateful for her willingness to take on our kids. As much as I don't want to leave my kids, I am looking forward to our mini vacation without the kids (except Liam, but he is easy and has to come a long, otherwise he would starve). So I thought that since MommyJ was so willing to watch our kids I would do the same. Last weekend we watched her 4 kids for 2 nights - a grand total of 8 kids in the house. We had a great time.
They played sidewalk chalk and ran in the sprinklers. They watched movies, played the playstation/computer and ate popcorn. We used many, many paper plates and drank capri-suns. We ordered pizza and went to the river. There was the occassional disagreement or complaint of boredom, but overall I think it went great.
Jared and I were talking about how on a day to day basis we get worn down and tired and it seems like taking care of 4 kids is a lot. Well let me tell you that to cure that feeling, borrow a couple more kids for a few days. Now I am not complaining AT ALL about watching MommyJ's kids - her kids were great and easy to watch and I would love to do it again anytime. I am just saying that when you realize the effort it takes to dress, brush teeth, make breakfast, lunch and dinner, bath and put to bed 8 kids - 4 doesn't seem so hard anymore. It made me realize that I can DO IT with 4 better than I thought b/c hey I handled 8 - even though it was only for a short period of time!

Playing in the sprinklers
More sprinklers - Henry & Liam were both sleeping

Playing in the river
Eli & Henry - buddies!
All of the kids (minus Liam)
Lucy & Adley
(isn't she the prettiest little girl - it sure was a treat to have another girl in the house)
Aidan
Sam
Jordan

Thanks MommyJ for sharing your kiddos with us for a few days - I hope my kids will be as good as yours were.

Comments

Jenny P. said…
Aw shucks. I'm sure they will be. :) The kids had a marvelous time... when we asked them what was different about being in your house, the only thing they could come up with is that they had to use the same cup for a day and a half. I SO wish that was something that happened in my house! Thanks again for keeping them. I'm looking forward to August. :)
Unknown said…
wow, you are amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .