Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was not the same for me this year. I had to work. I think it might be the first Thanksgiving that I really worked (not just been on-call) in 7yrs. I think that is a pretty good track record for a nurse. However, when I thought that I might get to be on-call for half the shift, I was excited. At least I would get spend some time with my family during the day. Unfortunately I ended up working about 10 of my 12hrs (with a short escape to the house around lunch time). We were incredibly busy. By the end of the day we had discharged 11 patients (10 of which were mine) and only had 6 patients left. Then yesterday work called and asked if I could come help for a couple of hours - what? - I just left that place and cleared out most of the patients. They had 2 patients in labor and several other admissions throughout the night. So the sucker that I am, went in for a couple hours to help.
All in all I still got to eat the fabulous thanksgiving meal cooked by everyone else (Jared even made the sweet potato casserole that I was supposed to make - so yummy!) and we spent some time with Jared's family eating left overs yesterday. Not an ideal thanksgiving - but I'll take what I can get. I am truly thankful for my family. My family is my world!!!
I don't have any pictures of thanksgiving this year b/c I wasn't there, but here are some other pictures from recently.

Eli with his cowboy hat on - he put it on and wore it for half the day yesterday
The boys in their Utah Utes shirts - who won their last game last Sat, making them 12-0 for the season. My brother plays for the team - this is his first year. They will be playing in one of the big BCS bowl games this year.
Eli actually watching the TV. He doesn't watch much, but it was the night of Utah's game and he heard me talking to the TV, saying 'Go, Go ,Go'. So he stood in front of the TV yelling 'Go, Go, Go' and clapping his hands. Future football player - maybe!?!?!

I did not attempt to go shopping yesterday, even though I am sure I missed out on many good deals. I can not deal with the craziness of the shoppers the day after Thanksgiving. Besides I am already 90% done with my Christmas shopping. We will be putting up our tree today and willingly listening to Christmas music (I don't think the radio stations should be allowed to play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving).
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the Christmas season and remembering why it is we celebrate Christmas.

Comments

Mommydew said…
You boys are adorable! And I followed your lead and changed our blogs url. It's now mommydewandcrew.blogspot.com
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Liam

My baby - at least for another 3 weeks

Preschool Graduation