My husband the chef!

So lately Jared has been addicted to a show called "Good eats". It is hosted by Alton Brown. He has it set to record all new episodes. Now Jared does not watch much TV at all, but he has really taken to this show. He watches all new episodes and then tells me all about them. I have tried to watch the show a couple of times but I can't stand Alton Brown. I think he is obnoxious. Jared likes his scientific approach to cooking. Jared watched an episode on fish and chips the other day and has been wanting to make it. We finally made it tonight. It was fantastic. We used talapia for the fish. It wasn't a huge hit with the boys and we ended up feeding them something else, but us adults enjoyed it.
I haven't seen Jared so interested in anything this much recently. I keep telling him he needs to go to culinary school. Lately when he has had to make dinner, he has used some of the techniques or seasonings, etc that he has learned on the show. Our dinners are fabulous, he made the best chicken fajitas the other night.
I may have to keep pushing the issue for culinary school, b/c if he enjoys cooking so much I may never have to step in the kitchen again - I guess except to do dishes - not sure which is worse - cooking or clean up?

Comments

Tillia said…
I agree That show drives me CRAZY, but if it help a man cook watch away!!
Stacie Cooper said…
I've never seen the show, but my husband loves any cooking show that we get from our only 13 channels. My brother in law, though, always takes about Alton Brown. I agree with tillia that whatever gets them excited about cooking more power to them. I do have to say that when ever I cook I also clean, so why is it that when my husband cooks I clean? I guess I shouldn't complain.
Steph said…
Any helpful hints you can pass along as to how to get my husband in the kitchen? Sounds like good food. By the way, congrats on the boy. Maybe it's just easier all around when it comes down to it.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .