Girls weekend!!!

So this past weekend, my wonderful husband let me escape for one night and go with some girls from work to Pigeon Forge, TN. We left Friday morning and went to Dollywood - it is an amusement park, very country and lots of fun. One of the main reasons we went to this area was that one of the girls boyfriend is singing there. The Festival of Nations is going on right now at Dollywood and he is part of the Zambian Vocal Group - they sing Christian music and raise money for a school of 180 kids in Zambia. To check out their website go to www.zambianvocalgroup.com . They are very good and very funny. When we arrived at the park it started to downpour and our umbrellas didn't help very much - we were soaked and stayed soggy for about 5 hours. We went to T.G.I.Friday's for dinner and then went miniature golfing. After we got back to the hotel we played Guitar Hero on the PS2 for hours(I know not something you would expect out of a bunch of girls!). We had a lot of fun and stayed up until 3am. The next morning we went to Dollywood again and had a great time. Surprisingly not a one of us took a picture the whole trip. We got home late on Saturday night and it took me a couple days to recover from staying up so late - not to mention I had a head cold the entire time. I enjoyed going places without having to push a stroller, change a diaper, pack a diaper bag, etc; BUT I missed my kids and Jared terribly. I couldn't stop talking about them and I called them often. I appreciate Jared being willingly to hold the fort down while I had a break - he is such a wonderful husband and fabulous daddy to the boys!!!

Comments

Jenni said…
So fun to have a girls weekend! It is nice to have a break from kids sometimes, but I know what you mean about talking about them the whole time. On the rare occasion that we get a babysitter I call about every hour.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .