Busy Week!

So to start the week off, I decided that since Eli was 4 1/2 mos old I thought that I would start him on some baby food. I skipped the rice cereal and went straight to the real baby food. He has had sweet potatoes and squash and he seems to like them pretty well. He gets half of the 2 oz container once a day at dinner time. Jared and I have had to freshen up on baby feeding skills - the one bite that you feed the baby three times because they keep pushing it out of their mouth. So I will share some of those pictures later. Also Eli has figured out how to roll over. He rolled over for the first time on the 17th. He is rolling from his back to his belly a lot and has now rolled from belly to back twice. I looked up when Aidan and Adley were rolling over - about the same age - but they both rolled from tummy to back first. Not sure which is harder - I guess back to belly since they have to hold the weight of their big heads. Anyways so that was exciting. Eli is doing really well and getting in to a good napping routine. Now if I could only get him to sleep through the night. I have contemplated moving him to his own room/crib sometime next week. Not sure if I will follow through with it though. Eli is a happy baby and is always smiling. Thursday when I was at work Jared said that Aidan was doing tricks and saying stuff and he got Eli laughing really hard. Aidan and Adley are both doing well - I got out the easel this week and let them paint. They played well together and didn't get too messy - but at least the mess they did make was washable. I took pictures of that as well. Last Sunday when I was getting the boys ready for church - Jared has to be there early for meetings - I was trying to get Adley to eat his oatmeal. He asked for help and after a few minutes I went over to help him . After I fed him his first bite he patted me on the head and said, 'you a good mama'. Also something else he said that was funny - he didn't remember what a peach tasted like from last summer and I cut one for him for lunch this past week. He ate it and said, 'its not too bad'. Funny Kid! Aidan is doing good - he finished his t-ball season and I put a picture of him getting his trophy. He was so excited to get his first trophy. Lately Aidan has been obsessed with Transformers and Star Wars. He was jealous when Jared & I went to see the Transformers movie. He is still too young to see the whole movie, but we told him that when we buy the movie on DVD (a request by Jared - he has had fun reliving his childhood!:-)) that he will be allowed to watch certain parts. We have been eating at Burger King a lot - their kids meal toys are Transformers and the boys insist on eating only there so they can have the complete set. We currently have 7 of the 8 - with many doubles. Let's just say that Burger King is not my favorite place to eat at this point. So that is our week in a nutshell. Enjoy the pictures!!
Painting!!
Playing on the computer together - rare moment!
Adley snuck out during dinner and called us to the living room to see the 'baby'
Eli in the big bean bag.
Aidan getting his trophy.
Eli's first bite of sweet potatoes.
Eli smiling after he was all done with his food.
Eli again in the bean bag.
More painting!!

Comments

birdfam said…
You are so brave with the boys painting. Karsen usually has paint everywhere (clothes, arms, floor, behind the paper). Your boys are getting so big. I can't wait to see them in Nov! Adley's long hair makes him look so much older too.
hey it was nice chatting with you this morning! I really wish you lived here, you may forget that you've pretty much lived away from home since you were 18 and that was a long time ago, I'm glad were lived in Utah together! now that you have kids and we have one close in age please move back - it would be a great Christmas present... Eli is so cute I just want to kiss him! I feel like I miss out on so much with your boys in getting to know them. if you can't tell I miss ya! Ashlyn balanced with no hands on anything today for about 3 seconds!!! have fun working.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .