Merry Christmas!!!

Wow it has been a really really long time since I posted last. We have been so busy here and I apologize for the lack of info about our family. To sum up the last month in a nut shell. We spent Thanksgiving in AZ. We had such a great time and I think for the first time ever none of the kids got sick, we didn't lose our luggage and we didn't have flying delays. Yeah!!! Our kids did especially well on the flights. We were able to do lots of fun things in AZ. We went to Tucson for a mini family reunion and went to the zoo. Since we were in Tucson where I went to college we took the kids down to the Univ and walked around. Aidan kept wanting to see a classroom, but it was a Sat. and all of the doors were locked. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and enjoyed seeing family that I hadn't seen in 5yrs. It was so good to see my family. We got to meet my new niece Kensi and see rest of the kiddos as well. I also enjoyed going shopping with the girls, buying new clothes, getting a new haircut and new 'real' makeup, etc. I feel like a new woman! Funny Aidan Story - While we were in Arizona we were making turkey hats with the kids, but Aidan did not want to wear his and his reason was that he did not want to look ‘ridiclious’. We returned home in time for Aidan's Christmas program at school. However our very talkative, outgoing child decided that he didn't want to participate. All of his classmates looked so cute dressed up in beach clothes (his class had Australia and it is summer in Dec there). I guess he didn't want to look 'ridiclious' there either!!! Oh well, maybe next year!!! Funny Adley story - Adley went to the nursery at church while we were in AZ and we told the woman in there his name and he immediately started to play so we left. After church was over we went to pick him up and another woman – the actual nursery leader said that she didn’t know his name and that she had tried to ask him. She would say ‘what is your name?’ and he would respond ‘what is your name?’ this went on a couple of times and finally the teacher asked him ‘what do your mommy and daddy call you at home?’ he replied, ‘sandwich’. So they called him sandwich the rest of class and even wrote it on his picture. At least he didn't respond 'stinker', etc. Funny Eli Story - I forgot to change Eli's diaper while I was out shopping (I know bad mother) with Andrea and Kadee. I also neglected to pack a change of clothes (I know bad mother), but luckily Andrea did for Ashlyn. Needless to say Eli came home in a white onesis and pink pants. Definitely couldn’t pull him off as a girl – totally looked like a boy wearing girl clothes!
I have been busy at work lately and trying to get the rest of the Chris
tmas shopping done. I have also spent a lot of time in the kitchen lately as well. Making fudge for women I visit teach and Aidan's preschool teachers, layered jello salads for 4 different occasions, and 16 goodie bags for Aidan's class, and taking dinner to someone in the ward. I think I will be taking a break from cooking for a while. Yeah sure - we would all starve - although Jared does his fair share of cooking around here. I have actually enjoyed making all of the above and tasting a long the way - that is the problem!!!
During all of our busyness (is this a word?) our washing machine quite working. Luckily with the help of the internet and having a handy husband around we took apart enough pieces to figure out which one wasn't working right - the water pump - it had a sock in it!! Yep a sock - an Eli size sock. Some how it got pulled through a small space. We finally pulled out the sock with a lot of effort and the use of needle nose pliers. Jared was very pleased that through the whole job he never once needed a tool that he didn't already have - well equipped!!! We were so happy that it was able to be fixed without having to spend any $$$.
We also dog-sat Jared's parents dog Lily for 3 days while they went to Costa Rica to meet Ehren's girlfriend, now fiance Jessie. We had the dog long enough to realize that we don't want a dog any time soon.
We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We spent the morning at our own house and then went to Jared's parents house for the rest of the day. It was quite chaotic with a house full of 10 kids all wanting to open presents regardless of who's name was on it. All in all it was a good day though and the kids had a great time. I received my best Christmas present this year - a coupon book from Jared - it consists of Good for 5 times of each of the following. . . putting all 3 kids to bed; bathing all 3 boys; inside and out van cleanings; video game free evenings (I got two of these cards); Jared making dinner; foot rubs; and childless trips in to town - alone time - Yeah!!!
We hope you all have enjoyed your holiday season as much as we did ours. I am hoping to do a Christmas letter soon, but it may have to wait until after the new year.
I have posted pictures from Thanksgiving through Christmas below in no particular order. Enjoy!

Aidan got a new church shirt and requested that Jared wear his blue shirt to church too - cute!!!
Jared fixing the washing machine!My mom got us a web cam for Christmas - we were instructed to open it early and we have been talking to my family for the last month on it. It makes it seem like we aren't so far away.Christmas morning - gotta love the hair!Making gingerbread cookies with Grandma SheltonZoo in Tucson, AZ
The 'ridiclious' hats - Aidan of course not pictured
Eli swinging at the park - first time in a real swing and loved it!
At U of A with the kidsPINK pants!AZ Grandkids - Aidan not to thrilled about taking a picture
Shelton family photo in Pop pops truck
Our family!!!

Well it is way past my bedtime, but I promised my sister I would post soon - so there you have it.

Comments

Thank you Thank you Thank you... now doesn't that feel MUCH better that it's all off your chest! You are one busy lady! miss ya
Your pictures are awesome! It was so wonderful to see you at Thanksgiving! I hoped you and your family had a fantastic Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .