Tennessee Trip : Part 2

Okay so for some reason the blogsite wouldn't let me finish my post - I guess it was getting too long. So here is part 2.
Thursday we went to Cade's Cove - a place where a group of people had settled and then they all died due to a flu epidemic. It was a very beautiful place in the mountains. We had a picnic and then went on to the Tuckaleechee Caverns. The cave was amazing. Upon entering you go down really steep stairs about 85ft, with only a knee high railing and nothing else under the railing. It was quite scary with all of the little kids we had with us. I had Eli strapped to me in a carrier and held Aidan's hand. When we got down the stairs the guide told us that we would walk 1/4 mile to the right then come back and go 1/4 to the left. So we started through the cave- there were many tight spaces that we had to duck to get through and many drop offs into darkness past the only knee high railing. I started getting very nervous about all of the kids we had with us. We made it to the end of the right side to a huge room and this time there was no railing and like a 100ft drop. Then the guide turned out the lights so we could experience total darkness - not my favorite part. At this point the 58degree cave felt like 120 degrees to me. My heart was racing and my hands were sweating and I decided it was time for me to get out. So we made our back to the middle and I left with Eli and Adley. Apparently the rest of the cave was a nice wide walkway with no drop offs to a very beautiful waterfall. Here is some pictures Jared took.
Later that day we went to the river again to let the kids play. Jared took a picture of a green bug - it turned out really cool. Friday the girls had their day and went to a quilt shop and then shopping at the outlets. It was a lot of fun and we are already planning to go again next year. So that is our trip in a nutshell. Oh on Tuesday night it was our date night (each couple got their own night out without kids). We went and saw The Bourne Ultimatum which was an awesome movie and I highly recommend it. Until next time . . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you posted all about this even though I heard most of it on the phone, the pictures turned out great! can't wait to see you in 6 days.

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .