2am or 6am???

Okay, so I need to share a funny story that happened last Sun - early morning. In the middle of the night I was getting ready to feed Eli and heard Aidan calling from his bedroom for his daddy. I tapped Jared on the arm and asked him to go and see what Aidan needed. He asked me what time it was, I responded, "it's 2". Jared is the ward clerk and has to get up at 6am on Sundays to be at church by 7am. Anyways Jared rolled over and I again tapped him on the arm and told him not to fall back asleep. He got up and instead of going to Aidan's room went to the bathroom. Aidan kept calling and for fear of the other kids waking up I went to his room - he needed a drink and to use the bathroom. By this time Aidan, Adley, Eli and myself were all awake and Jared was still in the bathroom. I got the boys settled and got back in bed. Then I heard the shower turn on - I ran to the bathroom and proceeded to ask Jared 'what are you doing, it's 2 in the morning?' He looked at me puzzled, I repeated 'it's 2 in the morning'. He thought I was waking him up for his meetings and still doesn't remember me asking him to see what Aidan wanted. The story gets better. So Jared gets in bed and then I see hall/stairwell light on. Since I was finally feeding Eli at this point Jared went to see what was going on. Both the big boys were down stairs watching TV. He rounded up the kids told them it was the middle night and put them to bed. Aidan fell asleep pretty quick, but Adley was up past 3am. So on our way to church in the morning Aidan was complaining he was tired. I told him that was b/c he got up in the middle of the night and thought it was morning. He responded 'But daddy got in the shower'. Needless to say we all needed a good Sunday afternoon nap!!!!

Comments

birdfam said…
Way too funny! There have been several days when Steve has gotten up to get ready for work and I wonder what the heck he's doing - because in my sleep deprived mind it's supposed to be Saturday or Sunday. Thanks for sharing!
Aidan is such a smarty he knows just what to say and it's always funny... Adam did that a few times when I was in High School but we let him get all the way ready and come out to eat breakfast, I'd be watching Jay Leno or something and he wondered why I was up!! Good Times. Have fun at work :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Dollywood

Liam

It's been a while . . .